Dudwell School Ltd.,
If you would prefer to arrive by train, our two nearest stations are Bath Spa (40 minutes away) and Castle Cary (25 minutes away).
There are always taxis available at Bath, but booking is necessary if you arrive at Castle Cary. Both taxi journeys should cost about £35.
If you book on the one week course, we suggest that you arrive in time for Sunday supper – any time in the afternoon is
fine and we will eat at around 7.30-8pm.
Dudwell is around a 2 ½ hour drive from London and there is plenty of parking available. Please see below for
detailed instructions for coming west from London to Dudwell via either the M4 or M3, or east from Wells.
If you need help finding us, call us on 01761 241487 or 07860 123827, although please bear in mind that mobile reception
can be poor in the Mendips.
Directions via the M3 from London
The M3 is a prettier route, but the traffic past Stonehenge can be bad in the summer.
- Take exit 8 from the M3 (very soon after exit 7) onto the A303 towards Andover.
- Stay on the A303 past Stonehenge (on your right), continue going through Winterbourne Stoke and after 4 miles turn left
onto the A36 following a sign to Salisbury.
- On the A36, follow signs to Warminster and Bath - you will cross over the A303. Stay on the A36 for about 8 miles and
cross over 2 widely spaced roundabouts - do not follow signs to Warminster itself, but go towards Bristol and Bath. Follow signs to Longleat as well.
- At the 3rd roundabout, turn left onto the A362 to Frome and Longleat.
- At the next Roundabout stay on the A362 and drive through Corsley and then Corsley Heath - you will come across a
‘Welcome to Somerset’ sign.
- A mile or so after this sign, turn right onto the A362 to Frome and Radstock -you have to now stay on the A362 through
Frome following signs to Radstock - it can be quite confusing:
- At the first roundabout follow signs to the town centre
- After the traffic lights, go under a bridge and past a Total garage
- At the traffic lights, take the right hand fork to Radstock and Town Centre
- Take the first exit at the next mini roundabout. Go straight, and then up a hill to a
- Turn right onto the A362 to Radstock. Stay on the A362 - there will be a 3 roundabouts but the A362 is clearly
- Drive through Buckland Dinham and in just under 3 miles, turn left onto the B3139 to Wells.
- Drive first through Kilmersdown and then Charlton. About a mile from Charlton you will get to a roundabout - stay
on the B3139 to Wells and Chilcompton.
- Go through Chilcompton (strict traffic cameras here). About half a mile out of Chilcompton you will get to a
- Turn right at this junction onto the A37 to Bristol and then immediately turn left onto the B3139 to Wells and
- Take the 2nd right turn onto the B3114 to Chewton Mendip ( you might not notice the first turn as it is very
small ). Drive past a pretty church, go straight over the first (very small) crossroads and turn right at the next opportunity which will be about a mile from the church.
- We are about 150 yards on the right after a bungalow - look for the big white gates.
Directions via the M4 from London
- Leave the M4 at exit 18 and take the A46 towards Bath.
- After 2 miles, turn right at junction with helpful filter but no signpost (second right turn after a sign to
- Go downhill for 2 miles until you reach the main road.
- Go right onto the A420 and then immediately left to Hanswell.
- Drive for 1 mile - at next junction (almost a T-junction), turn left to Lansdowne and Bath.
- Drive for 2 miles, past a pub on the right called The Blathwayt Arms.
- Turn right to Weston, down a very steep hill. Drive for 1 mile, then go left at the mini roundabout.
- Drive through the middle of Weston, then at a small junction just after a zebra crossing turn right to Bristol, drive
for a quarter of a mile. At the T-junction, turn left to City Centre and Bristol A4.
- Very soon, turn right at a hairpin bend to Bristol and go down Old Newbridge Road.
- At the bottom of the hill, there is another T-junction – turn right to Bristol and go over a bridge. Get to a
T-junction with traffic lights and turn right to Bristol A4, Wells A39 and Weston Super Mare on the A368.
- Go along the dual carriageway until you get to a roundabout and take the second exit to Wells A39.
- Continue on the A39 all the way to Chewton Mendip - about 11 miles.
- Go down a steep hill into Chewton (strict speed cameras here), past the Waldegrave Arms on your right, under a
footbridge and then when you are almost out of the village, turn left towards Emborough up Chapel Hill. (This left turn is opposite a right turn to Waldegrave Estate office.)
- Go along this road and take the second left turn along Dudwell Lane. Drive 400 metres and look for the big white gates on the right, just after a semi-detached
Directions from Wells (coming from the
- Leave Wells on the A39 to Bath and Bristol
- Take the A39 to Chewton Mendip - about 5 miles
- Just as you get to the village, turn right immediately after the Post House B&B towards Emborough, up Chapel
- Take the second left turn off Chapel Hill along Dudwell Lane. (It is possible that the road sign has
disappeared). Drive 400 metres and look for the big white gates on the right, just
after a semi-detached bungalow.
Dudwell School Ltd, Dudwell Lane, Chewton Mendip, Bath, Somerset BA3 4ND Ι Tel: 07860 123827
www.dudwellschool.com Ι firstname.lastname@example.org Ι Company Number 0776954